Applause Launches Industry’s First Crowd testing Offering for Amazon Alexa
First and only in-the-wild, global testing service that delivers faster releases and real-world feedback for Alexa Skills and DevicesBerlin, Germany - May 30, 2018
Applause, the worldwide leader in digital quality and crowdtesting, today announced the availability of Applause for Amazon Alexa. The new solution provides a full range of software testing, payment transaction validation, and user feedback services designed specifically for the Alexa platform and ecosystem. Powered by a community of 300,000+ vetted testers worldwide, the new offering ensures product teams can dramatically increase quality and consumer adoption of their Alexa Skills and Alexa Voice Service (AVS) devices.
Amazon Alexa offers software developers a powerful platform for delivering meaningful, intuitive voice experiences to their users. Leading companies like Starbucks, Dow Jones, and Best Buy use Alexa to connect with consumers — allowing them to order online, get account information, check account balances, and more, all via voice interactions and artificial intelligence.
In order to build consumer-grade voice experiences, developers must consider a broad and complex set of variables — voice-enabled hardware, geolocation, languages and dialects, mobile apps, smart home devices and services, payments, and more. Testing for this complexity is critical in order to meet user expectations, and leveraging a global crowd of real-world testers is the best way to deliver high-quality software for voice applications.
Applause for Amazon Alexa provides benefits and capabilities that other approaches to software testing cannot match, including:
- In the Wild Testing: Rapidly measure the user experience for Alexa applications in any location – at home, in the office, in the car, or embedded in other devices
- Real Voices: Validate Alexa Utterance voice testing for different languages, dialects, genders, and age groups
- Unlimited Device Coverage: Leverage 2.4 million real devices within the community, including thousands of testers who have their own Alexa-enabled hardware
- Testing Diversity: Incorporate Alexa best practices and certification requirements with a full range of testing, automation, accessibility, payment, and feedback services
- SaaS Platform: Extend development teams and test management by integrating bug tracking systems with the Applause Platform
- Proven Results with IoT: Leverage Applause’s vast experience of testing with leading brands that build apps for Web, mobile, IoT, and voice
“Voice and artificial intelligence platforms like Alexa are beginning to take off, but delivering great user experiences can be tricky,” said Charlie Ungashick, Head of Product at Applause. “Alexa Skills and devices must have predictable dialect interpretation, flawless connectivity and, of course, an intuitive user experience. The only way you can guarantee that your design will match reality is to test it in the wild, with real people, on real devices.”
Applause for Amazon Alexa is available today. Find out more:
Applause is a world leader in testing and digital quality. Brands today win or lose customers through digital interactions, and Applause delivers authentic feedback on the quality of digital assets and experiences, provided by real users in real-world settings. Our disruptive approach harnesses the power of the Applause platform and leverages the uTest community of more than one million independent digital testers worldwide. Unlike traditional testing methods (including lab-based and offshoring), Applause responds with the speed, scale and flexibility that digital-focused brands require and expect. Applause provides insightful, actionable testing results that can directly inform go/no go release decisions, helping development teams build better and faster, and release with confidence. Digital-first brands rely on Applause as a best practice to deliver the digital experiences their customers love.
Learn more at www.applause.com.