Applause Launches Updated Mobile App Analytics Tool to Measure User Sentiment in the Global Apps Economy
International Benchmarking, Custom Attributes Among the Latest Features for Award-Winning Analytics Offering
Part of the company’s suite of app quality tools and services, Applause Analytics empowers companies to transform the customer voice into actionable business intelligence, end internal opinion-based arguments and get improved versions of their app to market quickly. As of today’s announcement, Applause Analytics now crawls more than 30 million apps and close to 500 million app reviews in iOS and Android app stores across eight countries.
“Since its debut, Applause Analytics has been the only app store analytics tool that tells companies what users are thinking instead of just what they’re doing,” said Applause Co-Founder and Vice President of Product Management Roy Solomon. “With the enhancements we’ve made to the latest version, companies can now have an even more comprehensive view of user sentiment toward their apps and those of their competitors.”
The enhanced Applause Analytics includes many new features, including:
- New Interface – Serving up the right information at the right time to keep app owners at the center of their app quality universe.
- International Benchmarking – Companies can now see how their app is performing in different app stores around the world.
- Custom Attributes – For years, Applause Analytics has been scoring apps across the apps economy by ten key attributes that indicate directional success. Now, users are also empowered to leverage scoring mechanisms that score apps based on the criteria they select.
- Activity Feed – It’s now easier for companies to stay up to date on how much applause their app and their competitors’ apps are getting. This feature displays information such as review swings, star changes and releases.
- Competitive Benchmarking – From auto-defining competitor apps based on similarities, to being able to track review sentiment and hits across key attributes, this enhanced feature enables companies to always know where they rank.
- Comparative Analysis – Users can take a dive deep across top competitors to see where they stand on a given day based on app store star rating, Applause score or review count.
- Apps Economy Overview – This brand new feature helps companies gather greater insight into what’s trending in specific app stores and what trends lead to success.
Applause Analytics was built by a team of engineers and data scientists with experience tackling some of the world’s toughest big data problems. It analyzes millions of reviews and ratings to provide each app with an “Applause Score” that ranges from 0 – 100. Applause Analytics further breaks down user perception of app quality across ten standard, key Applause Attributes including performance, security, interoperability and more.
“We’ve dramatically enhanced the experience for our customers with this latest version,” said Heidi Young, Director of Data and Analytics for Applause. “Companies of all size now have access to a host of features unparalleled by other app store analytics products. These new features empower companies to easily understand and make informed decisions based on deep, rich data that no one else is providing. We’re crawling half a billion app reviews. And we’re just getting started.”
Applause Analytics has previously won awards from Gartner, the American Business Awards (the Stevies) and the Global Mobile Awards. The product debuted in January of 2013 and now has over 1,000 account holders. In January, the company expanded the product’s reach to include crawls of the app stores in France, Italy, Germany and Spain.
Launched in 2008 as uTest, Applause is leading the app quality revolution by enabling companies to deliver digital experiences that win – from web to mobile to wearables and beyond. By combining in-the-wild testing services, software tools and analytics, Applause helps companies achieve the 360° app quality they need to thrive in the modern apps economy. Thousands of companies – including Google, Fox, Amazon, Box, Concur and Runkeeper – choose Applause to launch apps that delight their users. Learn more at www.applause.com and follow @applause on Twitter.
For more information, contact Nick Lorenzen: email@example.com /617-688-0525