Applause Launches Enterprise-Grade Mobile Beta Management Offering
New mobile tool enables app publishers to manage early adopter programs and support internal “dogfooding” initiatives
Boston, Mass. – December 3, 2014 – Applause, the 360° App Quality™ company, today launched its fourth major app quality offering – Mobile Beta Management. The new offering continues the company’s holistic view of app quality from the end user’s point-of-view, while breaking new ground for scale, scope and agility.
While mobile beta tools typically constrain the number of beta users or level of engagement, Applause’s Mobile Beta Management removes these limitations and enables companies to distill signal from noise to capture more actionable intelligence. The Applause Mobile Beta Management product further distinguishes itself by supporting global, enterprise-grade mobile beta programs with as many as hundreds of thousands of testers in a mobile-first framework.
“In today’s apps economy, companies need to gather user feedback before they launch,” said Applause Co-Founder and VP of Product, Roy Solomon. “These app publishers need to be sure their apps satisfy user needs. For beta programs, that means high engagement rates and comprehensive feedback that help determine whether an app is ready for launch. With Applause Mobile Beta Management, we’ve made that level of confidence accessible to everyone.”
Key features of Applause’s Mobile Beta Management include:
- A mobile-first workflow
- Over-the-Air Distribution – users can download with a single tap
- Mobile NDA Management – enabling companies to protect IP and distribute quickly to users
- Automated Session & Crash Reporting – providing insights into usage and app stability
- In-App Feedback Reporting – streamlining the entire beta experience
- The ability to solicit feedback from hundreds, thousands or hundreds of thousands of your employees or early adopter users quickly and easily
“Our Mobile Beta Management offering further establishes Applause as the one-stop shop for brands who want to maximize mobile app quality – from in-the-wild testing to full-scale beta management to user sentiment analysis in production,” added Applause Chief Strategy Officer Matt Johnston. “We are simplifying mobile beta programs for companies – no more spreadsheets, no more feedback on outdated builds, no more getting buried in unintelligible noise. This is about enabling brands to delight users and launch great apps.”
Mobile Beta Management joins Applause’s other 360° App Quality™ offerings:
- In-the-wild testing services – real-world testing for web, desktop and mobile apps across the entire product lifecycle, including functional, usability, load and localization testing with professional testers around the world
- Mobile SDK – free tool that enables build distribution, crash & bug reporting, and user feedback on iOS, Android and Windows Phone apps
- Mobile analytics – advanced analytics from all the major app stores so companies can listen more effectively to user feedback and sentiment about app quality
Clients of Applause can access their management of all four of the company’s offerings through a 360° App Quality™ dashboard. The dashboard ties app quality data together, providing an integrated view of app quality, from development, through testing, to post-launch analysis.
The launch of Mobile Beta Management is the latest news in what has been a busy year for Applause. In January, the company announced it received a $43MM E-Round, led by Goldman Sachs. In May, Applause announced an expanded app quality offering and rebranded from uTest to Applause, and also made its entry into the EU with a major acquisition of top EU crowdtesting company, testhub (which became Applause EU). Just last month, Applause launched ARC – a free publication dedicated to providing expert analysis, information and research on every aspect of today’s apps economy – and the Ovation Awards, which celebrate the amount of applause winning apps receive from the public and experts.
Launched in 2008 as uTest, Applause is leading the app quality revolution by enabling companies to deliver digital experiences that win – from web to mobile to wearables and beyond. By combining in-the-wild testing services, software tools and analytics, Applause helps companies achieve the 360° app quality they need to thrive in the modern apps economy. Thousands of companies – including Google, Fox, Amazon, Box, Concur and Runkeeper – choose Applause to launch apps that delight their users. Learn more at www.applause.com and follow @applause on Twitter.
For more information, contact Nick Lorenzen: firstname.lastname@example.org /617-688-0525