Mobile App Testing
With multiple operating systems versions from iOS to Android and tens of thousands of devices on the market, mobile application testing can be a challenge. In-the-wild testing services and mobile app quality tools from Applause make it easier than ever to deliver app that delights your users everywhere, every time.
Lab environments are places of perfect connectivity, limited devices and up-to-date operating systems. Sadly, that’s not the world your app is going to encounter outside the walls of your test lab.
In-the-wild testing ensures your app works well in real world situations, such as:
- On Real Devices: Emulators and simulators simply don’t cut it. Fingers on touchscreens are much different than mouse clicks and real devices aren’t clean, well-maintained systems. But to house all the devices you would need for testing, you would need unlimited space and an astronomical budget.
- On a Range of Devices: The number of mobile devices grows every day, bringing with it a range of screen sizes, resolutions, processing power and more.
- On-Location: Connectivity changes with network and location, but you can’t mimic those fluctuating conditions in a lab.
- Outdated Software: Not everyone regularly updates their mobile operating system. Some Android users might not even have access to the newest version. How does your app behave on older OS versions?
You May Also Like
Tips, techniques and trends for launching great mobile apps that will delight your users.
Testing Mobile Apps With Mobile: The Applause SDK
The most important information discovered during mobile app testing is often some of the hardest to get. The Applause SDK makes it easy to collect this information in a consistent and organized manner from all of your testers, no matter where they are.
The Applause SDK includes:
- App Distribution: Ensure all your testers are working on the most recent version of your app with easy, over-the-air app distribution.
- In-App Bug Reporting: With a simple shake of the device (or other custom action) testers can report bugs, complete with notes and screenshots.
- Crash Reports: If something goes wrong, the Applause SDK automatically sends you a crash report with all the information you need to quickly address the issue.
- In-App Feedback: When your app is in the hands of your users, the Applause SDK allows them to quickly and easily send you real-time feedback, just like in-app bug reporting.
Mobile Sentiment Analysis
Delivering a high-quality mobile app means you never quit, even after your app has launched and is in the hands of real users.
Applause Mobile Sentiment Analysis crawls the ratings and reviews of the most popular app stores to tell you exactly what your real users are saying about your app – and the competition. Dig deep into the data to determine what users love, what users hate and what users want next.
You May Also Like
Learn how poor app quality can lead to lost revenue and a damaged brand.
Mobile App Testing
Applause provides in-the-wild and automated testing services that span the mobile app lifecycle.
What It Costs
Getting started with Applause is more affordable than you may think. Find out how in-the-wild testing services fit into your budget and saves you money.
"You can launch a beautifully designed native application, but if it crashes, then it will receive a poor rating and users will go elsewhere. Our goal is to launch nothing short of a 4.5 star app every time - no exceptions. Anyone can read your app store rating. There’s no way to hide poor quality in the world of mobile."