Education & Learning
From alphabet apps for small children to resource portals for college students, education and learning apps need to work well, be consistent and meet the needs of students and teachers.
With such a diverse range of user expectations, creating high quality education applications can be challenging. Yet the apps that win will meet the demands of users no matter what level of student or trainee they are - at home, on the campus or in the classroom.
Education & Learning Challenges
Education apps have a far-reaching audience. There are apps that need to appeal to toddlers, apps designed for college students and adult learners, training apps for new employees and everything in between. Despite the wide user base, there are some common challenges education app developers will find familiar, such as:
- Authenticity: For some apps, it’s vital to verify the user.
- Privacy and Security: When dealing with small children, privacy and security become even more important.
- Accessibility: Your app needs to be usable by all learners and Section 508-compliant.
- Support Peak Load: Whether it’s during class or the rush before finals, your app needs to be able to handle pressure.
- Usability: Usability is particularly important - and particularly hard to gauge - when targeting younger children.
- Device Matrix: The number of device, operating system and version combinations is dizzying. But your app needs to look good and work well on all of them.
Crowdsourced Usability Testing
6 keys to help you launch an intuitive app
How Applause Helps
With a global community of more than 100,000 professional testers, Applause provides access to a range of devices, operating systems, networks, locations and user demographics that are impossible to replicate in a lab.
With detailed tester profiles and the ability to recruit for special testing needs, Applause builds you the perfect custom team. Need testers who have worked as teachers, testers who are college students or testers with toddlers? We've got you covered.
Access to Experts
When dealing with children, privacy and security are even more important. Applause gives you access to security experts who specialize in a range of platforms and can check your applications for common and uncommon vulnerabilities.
Real World Feedback
Whether your users are happy, sad or mad, they'll be sure to voice their opinion of your app. Take advantage of this real world feedback by using Applause Analytics to tap into data from the app stores and let it inform the next - even better - version of your app.